Tuesday, June 01, 2010

Dom's P-P-P-P-P-P-P-P-Poker Face

First day back in work with Dom for just over a week.

Thought he might have opted for something more exciting than a sandwich but he didn't.
Dom must be super productive when I'm away. I must be his kryptonite.

I'm not talking about doing a bit more work or joining a gym he actually formed a cover band and rehearsed to the level where he played a full set on the Bank Holiday weekend.

He literally played for the first time with the full band on Tuesday and then played a gig on the Sunday.

I'd only been off a week!

If I'd taken two weeks off he could have got signed, released a dodgy third album and overdosed on something before finding God.
He plays bass in a house band for the Grasshopper's pub in Brynmawr.

They're called the Grasshopper's House Band and play everything from the Eagles to Bryan Adams.

My favourite bit that I saw was when Dom started playing the intro to Poker Face - that's right.

My favourite bit that I didn't see was when he hit himself in the eye when he took his bass off and tried to act like it didn't happen.



For those of you who are having trouble believing the blog today

Had a bit of a Dom themed Bank Holiday weekend, after work yesterday we watched some UFC.
After the fights Dom introduced me to 'Eats of Strength' - some American TV show that Bravo are showing.

Basically follows people trying to beat world records for eating things but that doesn't do it justice.
All I can say is watch it.

At one point some fat loser described bologna as having a 'terrorist mentality' while explaining how hard it is to eat.

Dom watched Derren Brown Investigates last night.

The series finished and Dom, who has been talking a lot about ghosts recently, seemed quite sad this morning when he said: "Well that's ghosts and the after life ruined for me in a few weeks."

He soon cheered up when he saw a baby otter being tickled on YouTube.

I think he'll be fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment