Thursday, May 13, 2010

Welcomed by Weezer...

Sorry about the lack of blog yesterday.
I left the office early, also came in late today.

I was greeted by a song from Dom who was waering a short sleeved pink shirt.

It was his own version Weezer’s ‘Jamie’.

It went: “Jamie, Jamie, I’m so glad you’re back.”

It was nice.

This attitude didn’t last, he just called me a ‘man child’ for getting prematurely excited about a thing on the internet I found called a Wasp Spider.

I thought it was a spider that could fly, on closer inspection Dom discovered it was actually a wasp-coloured Spider.

I was gutted – particularly after miming the fictional flying action.

Oh well...

Dom had a piri piri subway today, also had a pint in ‘Spoons.
Yesterday he had a bloomer from Gregg’s.

Me and Dom have been talking about spiritualists a lot this week after watching Derren Brown Investigates (10pm Mondays, Channel 4)

Referring to cold reading and particulalry the technique where the subject does the work (for those of you you watched Derren) Dom laughed at how the one woman took the random number 93 and said it was definitely linked to a man she knew.

Turned out it was a man who sold her eggs occasionally.

“Out of all the dead people who could contact you why would the guy who sold you eggs want to get in touch?” sceptical Dom asked.

“My uncle was an egg man,” Kelly said.

“Coo coo, ca choo,” Dom replied.

No comments:

Post a Comment