Monday, February 08, 2010

More food skills and a 'horrible word'

Dom told me what he had to eat today.

It was an Egg and Bacon Bloomer (on brown) from Gregg's. He also had a sausage roll.

"And a sausage roll?" I said as I wrote in my notebook.

"Don't say it like that," Dom replied.

While eating his lunch Dom burst into a little cheer.
Turns out the last bit of his bloomer fell apart as he was just about to finish it. The bread fell as two pieces.

"The one fell on my desk and guess where the other when went?" an unusually excited Dom asked.
"In my pocket!" he revealed as a he produced a tiny piece of brown bread from his shirt.

"I am pleased with that," he said.
"It was unbelievable - I had no idea where it went"

Talking in the office today about an increase in stories that involve people running over themselves.

"Brian Harvey was well ahead of his time," Dom said.

This was in reference to one of Dom's favourite stories.
It involves East 17 singer Brian Harvey blaming baked potatoes for a bizarre car accident in which he ran over himself with his Mercedes. He actually nearly died.

Explaining himself at the time Harvey said: "I was starving so I baked three jacket potatoes and stuffed them down. They were big. I put cheese on, then tuna mayonnaise and I ate the lot."
He then attempted to drive to a friend's house but got lost in a cul-de-sac.
"There wasn't room to turn round, so I came to a stop and put the car in reverse," he said.
"But then I felt sick so I took off my seatbelt, opened the door and went to be sick. Instead of keeping my foot on the brake, it slipped on to the accelerator."

Dom believes the story but still doesn't understand why he mentioned the potatoes.

Dom also popped to Tesco on his break. Said he wanted us to try some biscuits that he had yesterday. Said they were so nice that he ate the whole pack.

He couldn't find the biscuits so he bought what he described as 'a close approximation of them'.

It is a huge pack of biscuits that look like two choclate digestives facing each other.
Dom was quick to point out that the entire pack of Sunday biscuits he ate were not as big.

"Mine were smaller than that," he said.
"They were half the size of those, both in length and girth."

He soon added: "That's a horrible word - girth.
"There is no way of using it without making yourself appalled at yourself."

No comments:

Post a Comment