Thursday, February 18, 2010

"Too pretty"

Dom tried something different from Wetherspoon's today.

"I always get really excited around this time on a Thursday," he said.
"I'm really hungry and I'm looking forward to something nice to eat and then I come in here and see the menu."

It's usually a BBQ chicken panini or a gourmet burger but today Dom opted for scampi and chips. I've never seen him eat this before.

About 10 minutes after his food arrived Dom was left with a big plate of scampi.

He had a reason for this.

"It's the rule," he said.
"If you know you can finish a meal you should leave the best bit until last.
"If you're not sure that you can definitely finish it you should eat the best bits first.
"It's like with Christmas dinner, you're never sure when you're going to have to duck out so you eat all the best bits first."

Had a conversation about scams while we ate today.
Dom said he wouldn't be very good at pulling one off.
Says he gets a 'rush of blood to the head' between the till and the door in Asda if the cashier forgets to scan something.

"It's all fine when you get to the car park," he said.

He also said he's been tempted to scam a supermarket since they introduced those self scan machines. He came up with a brilliant idea of entering the wrong product after you've weighed the food.
Said you could buy expensive fruits and veg but always click potatoes.
Sounds good in theory but he's too scared to trial this method.

"That's the problem with me," Dom said.
"I've got a brilliant criminal mind but I'm too scared about spending time in prison."

Kelly said that she didn't think Dom would do very well in prison.
Dom agreed.

"You're right," he said.
"I'm too pretty."

No comments:

Post a Comment